1. Greet and check in patient’s through the EMR system.
2. Verify and update in the system; Patient Demographics, PCP, and Insurance. Scan Insurance card and photo ID. Ask travel screening questions. Label and scan HIPPA consent and Permission Regarding Communication form. Collect Co-Payments; cash, check, or other through EMR system. Process credit card payments through Transaction Express website.
3. Notify (via checking patient in computer) medical assistant of arrival/ ready to room.
4. Track and mark No Show appointments through EMR system real time and mail out “No Show” letter, copy PCP.
5. Answer multi-line phone system, document in patient charts all communications with patient and/or activity pertaining to patient’s healthcare.
6. Contact patients to schedule/confirm appointments for incoming referrals, radiology exams and/or other appointments as assigned. Verify demographics and insurance information.
7. Obtain, label & scan documents (referrals,test results, records, prior authorizations, written scripts radiology, etc.) into patient’s EMR chart.
8. Follow up on messages received through EMR from providers regarding patient care and document in a timely manner
9. Provide back-up for other medical secretaries in the office covering vacations and/or sick time
10. Manage and process the Rx Request Folder incoming from pharmacies and/or patients (Cover My Meds)
11. Manage the Patient Advice Request Folder by responding to patient or routing to provider if assigned
12. Fax Day: Ensure all faxes are processed , referrals, medication refill requests, prior authorizations, outside test results etc.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Excellent oral communication, written communication, customer service, organization, accounting and payroll. Proficient in MS Office
Education and Training:
Minimum Associates Degree in Business
EPIC or EMR experience preferred
Minimum of two years office experience
Job Type: Full-time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is: