Clerical Specialist I – Research Foundation for SUNY, Plattsburgh
Student Support Services
To receive full consideration, supply all requested documents by: June 22, 2020
NOTE: EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE 8+ YEARS WILL QUALIFY IN EXCHANGE FOR DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references. Official transcripts will be requested upon hire.
PLEASE BE SURE TO SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED MATERIALS. THE DEADLINE WILL NOT ALLOW FOLLOW-UP FOR MISSING MATERIALS. ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Applicant Deadline: June 15, 2020 - EXTENDED TO JUNE 22, 2020
Submit materials to:
Research Foundation for SUNY
101 Broad Street
260 BMT Hall
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Phone: (518) 564-2132
Fax: (518) 564-2157
Student Support Services is seeking an enthusiastic and highly organized individual with the ability to perform multiple duties in a very busy student facing office. The position supports the day to day operations of the SUNY Plattsburgh’s Enrollment and Student Success Division’s Student Support Services (SSS).
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities
The position will work closely with the Director to support the needs of the program. Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Review and track data in areas such purchasing and grant expenses.
2. Maintain accurate records of all programmatic functions including budget transactions and student records.
3. Maintain the office calendar of events and promotion through email and social media.
4. Manage student traffic within the office including answering telephone, e-mail inquiries, and providing detailed information and referrals to appropriate programs within the office.
5. Assist with the planning and implementation of office activities such as workshops, meetings, and ceremonies.
6. Provide clerical support to the Project Director as required.
1. Associate Degree in Business Field or Certification Required
2. Three (3) years progressive clerical and accounting experience
EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE 8+ YEARS WILL QUALIFY IN EXCHANGE FOR DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
3. Demonstrated ability to work independently
4. Superb organizational skills
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills
6. Strong literacy, numeracy, and computer skills
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel
1. Bachelor Degree in business or related field
2. Familiarity with Banner software
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and excellent benefits.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, the Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is: